title

title

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Til Death Do Us Part (2011) China

Drama | Romance


Original title:
Mo shu wai zhuan (Mandarin)
Love for life (Alternate)


Tagline:
"Life is a miracle."


Review:
Usually I love to watch Cantonese movies, I mean the Hong Kong movies, I have seen many, just love most them in those I have seen. And I occasionally try Chinese (Mandarin) too so saw this movie which earlier made me so curious because of its title 'Til death do us part'. The title was sentimentally appealing like most of Korean romance-drama does so thought to give it a try would be worth.

As I expected something, this movie gave me totally different experience. While listening to the words and dialogues I thought I was understanding it without subtitle, I went very close to the characters, just like living in the movie with them. The reason is I like emotional drama even the story or movie are not that good enough.

This story happens in the early 90s of a Chinese remote village which located in a mountain region. Where the HIV/AIDS hit persons are all together kept away from the village. Just like a village with two ethics, both of them live their own lifestyle within the border created by themselves and restricted to contact or have the relationship between these two groups even they are related by blood.

The plot looks really nice but the movie was bit slogging especially on initial parts then performance by the cast took the movie to the heights. Later half was very nice in fact very emotional. In my opinion tearjerkers would love to have it. I was not convinced for the ending part, the content they used for it was basically not true in the real World. But in a movie anything can possible, everything is up to the audience to decide whether they enjoy it as considering it an entertainer or complain like an they are expert. You can't just ignore the whole movie for the few flaws so giving it a try is really a good idea. That means it's not negligible nor a must see, for me it was like a half baked but I feel they could have made it better.


Similar movies:
Love in the time of cholera, The painted veil, A very long engagement, Amour


Suitable for:
Tween, Teen, Adult, All


Final verdict:
Ignore, Bad, Average, Good, Excellent


Til Death Do Us Part (2011) on IMDb

  • Tween: From age between 7 to 12
  • Teen: From age between 13 to 19
  • Adult: From age above 20
  • Ignore: Not worth watching
  • Bad: Not good but watchable
  • Average: 50-50, choice is always yours
  • Good: great certainly not masterpiece
  • Excellent: A must see, Masterpiece

No comments:

Post a Comment