title

title

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

One Day (2010) Taiwan

When a dream plays a trick on the young blooming love...



Drama | Romance | Science Fiction

Original Title:
You Yi Tian (Mandarin)


Tagline:
"A visual love poem of magical realism."


Review:
I first saw it 3 years ago, between then and now I have seen many movies. So I did not remember it much then I decided to re-watch. Thank god it looked better and I like it more than earlier. Maybe because my 'understanding a movie' might improved or this particular movie might require to be seen twice.

Well, the movie was a romantic-drama with backdrop of time leap theme. The layers may confuse us, so it requires a serious attention while a watch, sometime re-watch might help for some people. I was not liked 'Inception' that much, for me it was a usual Hollywood action movie with layers in it. But this movie was mind blowing, portrayed like an art. The pace was slow, those who used to it will not find any difficulty but for others, patience must required.

It was all about the blooming love between two young people, Singing and Tsung, who is having the same dream on the same day but a year gap to each. Yeah, just like the movie 'The Lake House'. What does the dream mean and do in their real lives is the movie and its rest of the portion. Sometime it was a tough call or to guess between the real and the illusion of the story's plot. Still I felt they should have tried something different ending. The existing one was very ordinary but thought it's better than making a very commercial. Some dialogues were very cool and romantic. The movie shot on the right season, every place showed on the screen were so calm and beautiful.

I have seen very few good Taiwanese movies and it was one of the best in those. There's no much difference comparing it to a Chinese or a Hong Kong movie, after all they are all Mandarin or Cantonese. Yes I think it is underrated but not a must see movie. It is a rare and quality movie, I know some people would love it as much I did and I believe that might be you.


Similar movies:
The Lake House, Before Sunrise, Before Sunset, One Day (2011), The Time Traveler's Wife


Suitable for:
Tween, Teen, Adult, All


Final verdict:
Ignore, Bad, Average, Good, Excellent

One Day (2010) on IMDb


  • Tween: From age between 7 to 12
  • Teen: From age between 13 to 19
  • Adult: From age above 20
  • Ignore: Not worth watching
  • Bad: Not good but watchable
  • Average: 50-50, choice is always yours
  • Good: great certainly not masterpiece
  • Excellent: A must see, Masterpiece

No comments:

Post a Comment