title

title

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Robo-G (2012) Japan

Death of a robot... birth of the superhero...



Comedy | Science Fiction

Original title:
Robo Ji (Japanese)


Review:
A movie about robots is not rare among Japanese movies. If you are an Anime movie fan you would have seen plenty of movies with robots. This 'Robo-G' was a brilliantly written and directed movie. There was no compromise in movie quality. Why I am saying that mean it was not the movie that highly depended on computer graphics, in fact I saw none CGI works in the movie. Most importantly it is not even a science fiction but related to that theme.

The owner of the Kimura electrical appliance is keen to participate in upcoming Robo-expo. Three of his employees are busy creating a humanoid but there is insufficient time to finish it. One week to go, they decide to put a man inside a robot costume and finish the event smoothly. Then the 70 year-old Suzuki comes across who was disappointed for his unrecognition by his friend from the recently concluded cultural program. So he decides to join them three and everything ends as planned. But the real problem arises when an enthusiastic college student shows interest to doing project on the national sensation robot called new Shiokaze.

The movie fulfilled my expectations. I found it a kinda part of a fresh idea. When I read about the movie I was not sure that it will work but after a watch I came to know that I was wrong before. Wherever it has came from, Hollywood, Bollywood, Eurowood, K-movies or J-movies, it will be a treat for movie fanatics like me. I love robot themes, I consider it is one of my most expected from sci-fi themes. This movie brought plenty of laughs in me. I felt that it was quite a lengthy movie though the pace was steady and holds the audience without much unwanted scenes. The end twist was good, it was a good solution that what I had curiosity about all the way. And an another scene in the end which leaves a sign that indicates sequel is in due. I will be happy if they make another 'Robo-G' movie.


Similar movies:
Hinokio, Eva, Robot & Frank, Time of Eve


Suitable for:
Tween, Teen, Adult, All


Final verdict:
Ignore, Bad, Average, Good, Excellent

Robo Jî (2012) on IMDb


  • Tween: From age between 7 to 12
  • Teen: From age between 13 to 19
  • Adult: From age above 20
  • Ignore: Not worth watching
  • Bad: Not good but watchable
  • Average: 50-50, choice is always yours
  • Good: great certainly not masterpiece
  • Excellent: A must see, Masterpiece

No comments:

Post a Comment