title

title

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Black Cat, White Cat (1998) Yugoslavia

All the fuss is over money because it can buy anything.



Comedy | Music | Romance

Original title:
Crna Mačka, Beli Mačor (Serbian)


Review:
      It was a weird comedy, one of those rare kind. You won't like it from its very beginning. It took me for nearly 30 minutes to understand the characters and storyline. After that it was non stop adventurous fun ride especially wedding ceremony scenes were extremely amusing. Each character was funny and very unique which made the movie very special. I liked the total scenario, I mean the culture and all as in a movie which generated laughs in us.

      It was a beautiful romance tale with a backdrop of gangster theme. Actually there were two gangsters in the story, where a father and a son and his love lady are stuck and struggle in between them. When a new business fails, the father is in the position with one option left to solve where his son must take the hand of the sister of money lender. In other hand the son is in love with another girl. The money lender's sister is also forced to do so yet to find her perfect man. When all these characters meet at once in the wedding ceremony, the twist and turn in the story occur and who are all getting benefit of it is the remaining.

      It is unbelievable that I almost gave a high rating to this movie. You know I was not in favour of it when I began to watch after the so average opening sequences. While progressing the story it emerged as a finest comedy, in fact one of the finest comedy ever produced. For every scene after a scene it began to surprise me in every possible way. It was only moving harder and deeper reaching the core of the audience's laughing sense to tickle. I might be overwhelmed, it may not bring LOL at you because it was a dark humourous flick so definitely it will bring a large smile on your face throughout.

      There was a fat pig often showed in the movie which was eating some old car's skin. I don't know what it's for and where it fits in the story but it was very much enjoyable for the moment. Like that there were many huge humourous scenes it had. Musics and dances were another advantage of the movie. For the last 90 minutes I almost forgot myself. I have been among those characters and enjoyed every second of my stay. I can highly recommend it to you but I don't know whether it is your kind stuff. Certainly I assure majority of you would love the movie and you may consider one of your all time favourite comedy ever.



Similar movies:
Sound of Noise, Panchathanthiram, Monster-in-Law, Bridesmaids


Suitable for:
Tween, Teen, Adult, All


Final verdict:
Ignore, Bad, Average, Good, Excellent

Black Cat, White Cat (1998) on IMDb


  • Tween: From age between 7 to 12
  • Teen: From age between 13 to 19
  • Adult: From age above 20
  • Ignore: Not worth watching
  • Bad: Not good but watchable
  • Average: 50-50, choice is always yours
  • Good: great certainly not masterpiece
  • Excellent: A must see, Masterpiece

No comments:

Post a Comment