title

title

Saturday, March 1, 2014

Alabama Moon (2009) Hollywood

Very pleasing, specially made for children movie fans.



Adventure | Drama

Tagline:
"An adventure for the boy in all of us."


Review:
     I don't know how I missed it, I should have watched it earlier when it came. This is the movie, kinda my style, I love to watch without time barriers in any given time. As a children and emotional movie fan, I love it when both of them come together. Yes, I enjoyed this movie a lot than my friends who saw with me.

     A cute story with the bunch of cute kids who gave their soul to fill the fictional characters they played. This movie was based on the book of the same name and crafted by the director of one of my favourite children movie 'Secondhand Lions'.

     The movie had some flaws, I mean some serious flaws. In the opening where the Moon's father was trapped in a fallen tree that was leaning across the river was looked clearly a fake. Like that there were many others in the movie that resists us not to believe in what we see. Despite those defects rest were very pleasing to watch especially those location of Alabama.

     This movie was good as the recent 'Standing Up' unfortunately both of them were not recognised largely. All I say is don't miss if you get a chance to see it, especially with your niece and nephew. If you are a children movie fan probably you would love it. I heard there was a book called 'Dirty Road Home', a sequel to this movie (book) was written by the same writer. The movie based on it is in production now, I could not wait so long for it.



Similar movies:
Nim's Island, Standing Up, Son of Rambo, Secondhand Lions, Millions, Ramona and Beezus


Suitable for:
Tween, Teen, Adult, All


Final verdict:
Ignore, Bad, Average, Good, Excellent

Alabama Moon (2009) on IMDb


  • Tween: From age between 7 to 12
  • Teen: From age between 13 to 19
  • Adult: From age above 20
  • Ignore: Not worth watching
  • Bad: Not good but watchable
  • Average: 50-50, choice is always yours
  • Good: great certainly not masterpiece
  • Excellent: A must see, Masterpiece

No comments:

Post a Comment