title

title

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Kiss Me You Fucking Moron (2013) Norway

A well known teen romance-drama, for a change in different language.



Comedy | Drama | Romance

Original title:
Kyss Meg For faen I Helvete (Norwegian)


Review:
     A romance-dramedy from Norway. This movie did not turn as what I expected. I was deceived by the tempting title. In the end, I found it a very common teen theme. Most of us are usually so familiar with this kinda story, in fact from Hollywood I must say. As per the Norwegian perspective, this movie could be a fresh product and well made.

     A rebellious teenage boy is forced to do community service after he was bullied his schoolmate. He has to team up with a girl who is exactly opposite to him. His friends tease him, but sometime later he begins to defend her. A little crush between them begin to grow, but the different lifestyle they live in resists it. Yeah, I know it was the story of 'A Walk to Remember' that is what this movie is largely influenced. Same storyline, but the characters and platforms are changed. Although it was not an emotional romance tale, but a heartwarming story of young people.

     You must not consider both the movies are same from frame to frame. The second half is totally varied and travels different direction. Different language, different people, different accent, different places, all these together gave me a different experience than the title I mentioned in the above paragraph. Probably that is the reason I did not get bored to watch till the end I guess. I believe it won't work for everyone in that way so I put it in an average list.



Similar movies:
Sixteen Candles, Pretty in Pink, Never Been Kissed, Tamara Drewe, According to Greta


Suitable for:
Tween, Teen, Adult, All


Final verdict:
Ignore, Bad, Average, Good, Excellent

Kiss Me You Fucking Moron (2013) on IMDb


  • Tween: From age between 7 to 12
  • Teen: From age between 13 to 19
  • Adult: From age above 20
  • Ignore: Not worth watching
  • Bad: Not good but watchable
  • Average: 50-50, choice is always yours
  • Good: great certainly not masterpiece
  • Excellent: A must see, Masterpiece

No comments:

Post a Comment