title

title

Friday, December 20, 2013

Frances Ha (2013) Hollywood

Watch it as you are and transform into Frances.



Comedy | Drama

Review: 
     It was my personal favourite of the year. I just can't show how much I loved this movie but will try my best in this review to explain. It was just like the movie 'The Pursuit of Happiness' where it describes a person's struggle over professional as well the relationship with a best friend. I don't know why this movie was in black and white but very seductive, like women from Charles Chaplin movies. The expressions are 'the killer' if you are a man who fall easily for struggling women. 'Ruby Sparks' is my one of the year's favourite which was written by the lead female of the movie and the same goes to 'Celeste and Jesse Forever'. I know it is out of topic but I was saying the lead actress from this movie who played Frances wrote this. All these were women oriented subjects which rendered the movies from a distinct angle.

     France is a cute and sarcastic woman in her late 20s lives with a best friend Sophie in New York city. She is not talented but as a professional dancer she earns enough to lead a happy life. Once she and her boyfriend breakup, Sophie too throws an another bomb as she decides to move out to live with her boyfriend. One after another her battle to survive in the city for rich remains hopeless. But pursue for her dream never ends as she wanted to be a fine choreographer. For all these she must hold back her downs of her life and aim only up to self discover the meaning of the life. Did she successful or not is what the movie steadily chronicles her efforts.

     The character Frances will be remembered for a long time, especially by me. I just did not only had a fondness on that character but it completely transformed me as one. In fact I felt the movie deeply into me that I regretted for unable to give my support to Frances. I came to know that I am in love with Frances in the scene where she runs on the streets of Chinatown. I think it is the best scene of the movie, very adorable. You must watch the movie till the last frame before the end credits roll up to know the meaning of this strange title. It was a silly reason to have names like this for a movie but completely cool and refreshing. It is not a thought provoking or an art movie but believe me it is definitely a must see movie of the year.



Similar movies:
Pursuit of Happiness, The Artist, Being Flynn, Where did God left his Shoe


Suitable for:
Tween, Teen, Adult, All


Final verdict:
Ignore, Bad, Average, Good, Excellent

Frances Ha (2012) on IMDb


  • Tween: From age between 7 to 12
  • Teen: From age between 13 to 19
  • Adult: From age above 20
  • Ignore: Not worth watching
  • Bad: Not good but watchable
  • Average: 50-50, choice is always yours
  • Good: great certainly not masterpiece
  • Excellent: A must see, Masterpiece

No comments:

Post a Comment